Loan Periods & Fines
Borrowing Limits, Loan Periods, and Fines
How many items can I borrow?
- In town: 25 per household
- Southside: 40 per household
- Temporary Card: 5 items
- 4 DVD’s per household
How long can I have them?
- Books, including interlibrary loans: 4 weeks
- DVD’s & CD’s: 2 weeks
- Magazines: 2 weeks
- Newspapers: in-library use only
Can I renew items?
- Unless there is someone else who is waiting for the item and has placed a hold on it, most items can be renewed up to 2 times
How many holds can I place?
- There is no limit on holds at this time
How much are overdue fines if I return items past the due date?
- Adult books & magazines: .20/day (max $5/item)
- Children & Teen books & magazines: .20/day (max $5/item)
- All DVDs and other Media: .20/day (max $10/item)
- Lost/Damaged Items: replacement cost + $5 processing fee
- Library cards with $10+ fines will be suspended until fines are paid