Summer Reading Club
During the summer, we offer a Summer Reading Club Program for pre-school -12 year olds. Please stop by the library to sign up your children. We are also asking that when your child is attending the Summer Reading Club Program that the child or children are signed in to the class and signed out when the class is over by the parent or caregiver. We also have a Art camp for teens starting August 20-23 2019. Pre registration is required for the art camp.
View our upcoming events.
We are Currently Looking for Summer Reading Club Coordinator:
Temporary Full Time : June 25- August 16,2019
Wage $14.85 /hr
Hours 35 hours per week
Deadline : 5:00pm Tuesday, June 11,2019
The Burns Lake Public Library is in need of a Summer Reading Club Coordinator for eight weeks . The student must have a good command of english language and must enjoy working with children, the general public , books and libraries. This is ideal position for student who is interested in a career in the libraries or early childhood education.
The successful candidate will:
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- Be creative and flexible in their programming ideas and implementation
- Appreciate the importance of connecting children with literature
- Work well independently as well as with other staff
- Work well with patrons of all ages
- Have a good working knowledge of libraries, the internet and word processing
Mandatory requirements : 16-30 years of age, legally eligible to work in Canada, has attended school last term and is returning to school full- time in September 2019. Must be registered at: Young-Canada-works.canada.ca
Please Submit resume and cover letter to:
Monika Willner Library Director
585 Government Street Burns Lake, BC , PO Box 449 , V0J 1E0