We welcome donations! Monetary donations are always appreciated. We are a Registered Charitable Organization and as such can issue receipts for donations over $10. Please drop them off at the library or mail them to us at Box 449, Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0. We also use Canada Helps, so you can donate online as well.
New items or items in excellent condition may be considered for inclusion in the Library collection. Donated items are subject to the same selection and withdrawal criteria applied to purchased items may be sold in the annual Book Sale. Books donated to the Library become the property of the Library and cannot be returned.
We prefer the following:
- Books published in the last five years and recognized classics
- Popular paperbacks
- Commercially produced CD’s and DVD’s
- Magazines for the Library’s sale by donation shelf
We cannot accept the following:
- Encyclopedias, Dictionaries or textbooks
- VHS or audio cassette tapes
- Donations not in good physical condition (musty, damage etc.)
The Library reserves the right to say “No Thank you” to donations that do not enhance the Book Sale or Library collection.
Donations may be accepted anytime during hours of operation. Please bring donations to the front service counter in containers that do not need to be returned or in boxes. Due to space limitations, the Library cannot accept more than three boxes of materials at a time.
Thank you for thinking of us!
What happens with the proceeds from our annual Book Sale?
All proceeds come back to the Library to support projects and services including:
- Programs such as Famcon event.
- Summer Reading Club
- story time and craft time
- New books for our Library
- And Much more!